Precision Garage Door Openers of St. Paul
We install and repair most garage door opener makes and models! If you need an opener installed or a garage door opener repaired in The Twin Cities Area, give Precision a call today.
Please read on to learn about the styles and convenient features available now on some of the best garage door openers you can buy.
Quickly Learn Which Garage Door Opener Is Best For You...
There are 3 Main Types of Openers:
Chain Driven Openers - Chain drives are typically the most commonly used and a very reliable type of opener. This drive runs the garage door on its track by using a metal chain. Chain drives are slightly cheaper than belt drives. Chain drive openers tend to be noisy, so if your garage is located below or adjacent to the main rooms in your home, you don't want this opener. We typically don't recommend these types of openers because the small saving isn't worth it. Liftmaster® does not warranty the chain for life like it does the belt on the belt drives and the motor is much noisier.
Belt Driven Openers - Belt drives are regarded in the garage door industry as the best type of opener. Not only are belt drives as reliable as chain drives, but they are also virtually silent. This drive runs on a steel-reinforced belt and typically costs a few dollars more than chain & screw drive openers. If your garage is attached to your home and has surrounding bedrooms, you'll never be bothered by the noise of your garage door.
Screw Driven Openers - Screw drive openers use a lifting device that runs on a threaded steel rod, rather than a chain or a rubber belt. These openers tend to work best in locations where the weather and temperature is constant throughout the year. In areas with a wide range of temperature throughout the year, a screw drive opener is not recommended. They also are the slowest moving and noisiest of all three openers, but are the least expensive.
Proper Garage Door Installation
You also need to be sure the garage door opener you purchase is installed properly. Please invest 4 minutes in watching this video. Although it begins a bit like a commercial you will learn the difference between a proper garage door opener installation and one riddled with shortcuts. When your new garage door opener is installed correctly you will enjoy it for a long, long time.
Recommended Garage Door Openers For New Installation
PDS Ultra 900 Smart Wifi Garage Door Operator -
In additional to reliable performance and quiet operation, the PDS Ultra 900 belt drive opener comes with Wifi technology built in allowing you to control it from anywhere with a Smartphone/Smart Device. Smart wall station, three button remote, wireless keypad, and a liftetime warranty on the motor and belt rail are all included.
- Smart Control
Control from any Smartphone / Smart Device Open and close, turn lights on/off and dim lights from anywhere.
- Smart Compatibility
Connect and control with Amazon Alexa, Google Home, IFTTT or your cars Homelink controls.
- Enhanced Lighting
24 foot wide downward-dispersing light brilliantly illuminates your garage. LED bulbs last longer, save energy and have 6 brightness level adjustments.
Efficient design results in ongoing energy savings.
- Ultra-Smooth and Quiet Operation
Variable speed operation delivers ultra-smooth, quiet performance, increasing long-term reliability.
- Safety First, Safety Always
If the obstacle-sensing beam is crossed when the door is closing, the door reverses to fully open.
- Park or Reverse Door
To permit both ventilation and access, the garage door can be stopped and parked during either upward or downward travel.
- Secure, Responsive Remote Control
Linear remote controls operate over a long range and employ high-security technology.
- Deluxe Wall Station
All controls are large, clearly marked and illuminated (door UP/DOWN control, courtesy light switch, and vacation mode).
- Easy Door Release
When you need to open or close the garage door manually, simply release the operator's quick-disconnect trolley.
PDS800 Newton DC Powered Garage Door Operator
The energy-efficient, DC-powered operator that runs at an AC-equivalent speed. DC drive motor with soft-start and soft-stop for smooth, quiet, long-term reliable performance.
- Eco-Friendly: Efficient design results in ongoing energy savings.
- Ultra-Smooth and Quiet Operation: Variable speed operation delivers ultra-smooth, quiet performance, increasing long-term reliability.
- Safety First, Safety Always: If the obstacle-sensing beam is crossed when the door is closing, the door reverses to fully open.
- Park or Reverse Door: To permit both ventilation and access, the garage door can be stopped and parked during either upward or downward travel.
- Secure, Responsive Remote Control: Linear remote controls operate over a long range and employ high-security technology.
- Deluxe Wall Station: All controls are large, clearly marked and illuminated (door UP/DOWN control, courtesy light switch, and vacation mode).
- Automatic Courtesy Light: A built-in 100W MAX light illuminates the garage for five minutes every time the operator is used.
- Easy Door Release: When you need to open or close the garage door manually, simply release the operator's quick-disconnect trolley.
Linear LDO50 1/2 HP Chain Drive
Linear manufactures a top quality line of residential garage door operators. The Linear LDO50 is very reliable and cost a little less than other potential options. It also comes with the following standard features:
Lifetime warranty on the motor
Belt drive rail for quiet operation.
Safety first sensing beam
Secure, remote control
Automatic courtesy lights
Easy door release
Self diagnostic system checks
Includes a deluxe wall station and 3 button remote control.
8550W DC Battery Backup Belt Drive
Includes 3-button elite remote control and smart control panel
- Confidently know what’s going on at home with MyQ® Technology. It lets you monitor and control your Garage Door Opener and home lighting from anywhere (when paired with the Internet Gateway).
- Receive email or text alerts so you always know the status of your garage door and home lighting.
- Download the MyQ® mobile app for free. No annual activation fee required.
- Compatible with HomeLink®
- Get in your garage even when the power is out with Battery Backup.
- Always know your garage door is closed with Timer-to-Close, which automatically close the door after a pre-programmed number of minutes.
- Have your Garage Door Opener's lights turn on when you enter the garage with the Motion Detector feature.
- Prevent the door from closing if anything interrupts the safety beam that crosses the garage door opening..
- Lock down your garage door and electronically monitor against a forced opening with PosiLock®.
- Lifetime motor and belt, five-year parts and one-year Battery Backup warranties.
8500 Liftmaster Jackshaft Opener
The Liftmaster Model 8500 Jackshaft Opener offers an ultra-quiet, space-saving, wall-mounted design. Specially designed for garages and unique applications that don't allow for a traditional garage door opener, such as garages with very low, cathedral or obstructed ceilings.
- Ultra-quiet 24V DC motor performance
- Optional EverCharge™ battery backup system reliably opens door even when the power goes out
- Jackshaft Garage Door Opener Wall-Mount Installation - mounts on the left or right side of door - Saves tons of Ceiling Space
- Easily program additional remotes, keypads and/or keyless entry.
- Auto-force technology monitors garage door system and adjusts forces to temperature fluctuations, floor height and door track movement.